"And to the angel of the church in Pergamos
write; these
things saith
he which
hath the
sharp sword
with two
edges; I know
thy works,
and where thou dwellest even where Satan's
seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and
has not denied my faith, even in those days
wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who
was slain among you where Satan dwelleth.
But I have a few things against thee, because
thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of
Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumbl-
ingblock before the children of Israel, to eat
things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit
fornication.
So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine
of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
Repent; or I will come unto thee quickly, and
will fight against them with the sword of my
mouth. He that hath an ear, let him hear what
the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that
overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden
manna, and will give him a white stone, and
in the stone a new name written, which no
man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."
Revelation 2:12-17